Select a local Contact
Designed to the highest standards of safety, consistency and reliability, Archer’s Wireless Controlled Cement Head (WCCH) allows the controlled release of setting balls and drillpipe darts without the need to stop circulation, rotation, or break connections.
Controlled entirely from the rig floor, the WCCH has been specifically designed for use with top drive cementing systems. The WCCH can be shipped pressurized or de-pressurized either with breathing air or nitrogen according to customer requirements. Casing cementing, expandable screen deployment, perforating and squeezing, and cement injection operations are completed without the need for manriding above drill floor.
The remote kit is designed to wirelessly control the SR1 cement head, replacing the swivel so that cementing goes thought the top drive system.
In keeping with our philosophy to be innovative, the wireless head also implements new HSE and operational features.
|Tool system||2 Valve||3 Valve|
|Nominal OD, in [mm]||13 ||13 |
|Minimal OD, in [mm]||4 ||4 |
|OAL, in [mm]||98.74 ||130.61 [3,317]|
|Rated torque, ft lbs [N.m]||50,000 [67,791]||50,000 [67,791]|
|Max. Hook load, lbs [kg]||1,594,000 [723,026]||1,594,000 [723,026]|
|Max. Hook load at rated torque, lbs [kg]||1,496,000 [678,574]||1,496,000 [678,574]|
|Working pressure, psi [bar]||10,000 ||10,000 |
|Test pressure, psi [bar]||15,000 [1,034]||15,000 |
|Chamber sizes, in [mm]||15  25 ||15  24  25 |
|Make-up torque, ft lbs [N.m]Upper connection||50,000 [67,791]||50,000 [67,791]|
|Lower connection||50,000 [67,791]||50,000 [67,791]|
|Operating temperature, ºC [ºF]||20 - 50 [68 – 122]|
|Radio frequency, Mhz||434,375 – 434,400|
|Digital communication distance, m [ft]||50 |
|Battery type||24 V NiCD / 4.8 V NiMH|
|Battery standby time||3 weeks|
|Actuator drive medium||Breathing air or nitrogen|
|Medium vessels||3 x 2.9 ltr 300 bars composite|
|Complete cycles on one gas filling||10 (3 valve and flag)|
A large number of oil and gas assets are coming to the end of their designed life expectancy and need to be decommissioned safely, securely and cost effectively.
Well integrity is concerned with the safe and reliable containment of all well fluids throughout the life of a well, including after decommissioning.
- Full zone 1 classification with self-contained “compressed air” power source
- No control umbilical to the head
- No tugger lines to arrest rotation of the head
- No requirement for a swivel for rotating liners (a failure point in many operations)
- No separate cement hose connected to the head
- The wireless remote kit can be shipped pressurized or de-pressurized either with breathing air or nitrogen according to customer request
- User friendly and easy remote operation
- Reduces rig time and debris in well
- No personnel in red zone and no manriding
- Optimizes use of personnel
- Improved safety in operation
- Designed to be safe for storing on derrick (no falling objects)
- Three-phase 12A/230 V compressor for refill of breathing air
- High pressure quick connector with gauge and bleed of valve
- 24 V charger for internal battery pack
- Remote control unit with 4.8 V charger
- Equipment for reloading of darts